Saturday, July 11, 2009

Shah Rukh Khan receives an honorary doctorate

Shah Rukh received an honorary doctorate from the Bedfordshire University, in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the arts, media and culture. "This is one of the finest things that has happened in my career." said an elated SRK.

'Routes 2 Roots', an Indian NGO had nominated him for the honour.
SRK expressed his gratitude and said, "It is a very very special honour. And it makes me to take seriously about what I do and what I have done in the past 20 years of my career.
Shah Rukh was conferred the Doctorate by Professor Les Ebdon, Vice Chancellor of the Bedfordshire University. This event was held at Washington Mayfare, a hotel owned by NRI entrepreneur Joginder Singh Sangar.

Shah Rukh said that he unfortunately could not visit the university earlier as he has been suffering with one injury or the other, but he would love to visit the university sometime.
"The feeling I get is that I should utilise this recognition to further the cause of those under-privileged children who do not get the opportunity to educate themselves.

"Once again I want to thank everyone present here for making me realise there is a lot more important thing I can do to improve my life and the life of others." Said Shah Rukh.

This ruling king of Bollywood has already won several international recognitions before, like the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Literature) from the French Government, the Malaysian title of Datuk - equivalent to a British Knighthood. What more Shah Rukh? "I could not believe that I may be addressed as Doctor from henceforth.”
We are proud of you SRK!

No comments:

Post a Comment