Thursday, July 9, 2009

Deepika ran the marathon for charity

There was a charity Marathon organized at Bengaluru recently and athletic Deepika Padukone was also a major part of it, as celebrity guest of the event. The event ended up with a satisfying collection of Rs. 1.3 crore. This collection will be used for many different causes.

The organizers and Deepika were very glad with the event and its outcome. There was also a 300% rise in the registration for the marathon this year.
Here’s what Deepika concluded: “There was a huge turnout and I am very glad that I associated myself with an event like this. If me being there and giving an hour of my time makes such a huge difference I can help and support it. I will always be available for such events. I guess because I am from Bengaluru it has also made a difference. The marathon was very well organised and sports will always be a priority for me.”
Deepika participated free of cost and did this for charity. Wasn’t that nice on her part?

No comments:

Post a Comment