Sunday, July 26, 2009

Katrina does not believe in comparison

Katrina truly proves that she is a woman of substance and her head stands well on her neck in spite of all the hype that keeps coming her way.

In one of her conversations with the media she said: “I hate this media refrain that heroines in Bollywood are all the same. Priyanka, Asin and Vidya are my contemporaries. Can you imagine ‘Parineeta’ without Vidya? ‘Jab We Met’ without Kareena? Or for that matter ‘Fashion’ without Priyanka? They are all first grade in these films.” It is indeed true that every artist in Bollywood has their unique style and a comparison is not always the right way to go about judging performance.
When she was asked as to what it feels like being called the ‘modern day Madhubala’, she said, “I’m not amused at such comparisons because, honestly, I have no illusions of having reached somewhere with the body of work I have behind me. My journey has only just begun.” Right, Kat, the journey has only begun you will have to keep up with the race. , “I’m going to be expected to raise the bar with each further release, and the thought is scary.” answered Katrina.

No comments:

Post a Comment