Monday, March 16, 2009

Shilpa Shetty was not allowed to meet Jade Goody

shilpa-


Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty rushed to London to meet her former Celebrity Big Brother housemate Jade Goody on hearing that the British reality TV star was close to death but was not allowed to meet her.



"When I left for London on Sunday, I thought I’d be able to meet her but her condition has deteriorated further. She’s heavily drugged and hardly awake," Shilpa said.


Doctors have said the cancer-stricken Jade is only hours away from death.


"I really want to meet her but unfortunately only her mother and husband are allowed to be with her. I’ve no choice but to respect that," Shilpa added.


Shilpa had a series of racially-charged run-ins with Jade during 2007’s Celebrity Big Brother TV show in Britain. However, the two later became friends and Jade was diagnosed with cervical cancer when she appeared on the Indian version of the reality show that Shipla hosted in 2008.


"I really feel terrible about what has happened to her. All I can do is pray. I’m not giving up hope of seeing her one last time," said Shilpa.



"If I had my way I’d meet her but it’s not a choice left to me. I’ll have to see how she is doing and try to meet her. But if I can’t, I just pray that she isn’t in too much pain," the actress added.


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment