Friday, March 27, 2009

Bollywood to give us their thoughts on IPL


The IPL (Indian Premiere League) matches will not be held in India but in South Africa this year due to security reasons. Cricket fans across the country seem to be unhappy with the BCCI’s (Board of Council for Cricket in India) decision. We ask Bollywood to give us their thoughts on the matter.





Neetu Chandra

From the game’s point of view, I think that it is even better if we shift to various countries. It sends the rest of the world the message that ‘we have arrived’ and we can challenge anyone, anywhere. Ideally, I would love to have it in India but democracy, the elections and the security issues are all above the game. We need to accept the shift to South Africa, keeping the above in mind. 


Sonu Sood

It does not really matter to me. The game is the game, the venue does not matter. India has more important things to sort out and handle other than to take the IPL so seriously. Chill and enjoy the game rather than making an issue of where it is being played. 


Pooja Bedi

Personally, I find it quite amusing that the Indian Premiere League series will be held in South Africa! It sounds like the Australian Open tournament being held in Japan! 


Chunky Pandey

I have no problem with which part of the world the IPL will be held. All I know is that the craziness is about to begin on April 18. It will be a pleasure to watch the teams battle it out! 


Sudhir Mishra

I feel that it would have been better if the IPL was in India but it hardly matters to me as I am not very interested in cricket. However, there are millions of cricket lovers here who would enjoy the matches. 


Prateik Babbar

I believe that as long as there is cricket, it does not matter where it is played- it makes me happy! I love the game! I am looking forward to this year’s IPL series. 


Neeraj Pandey

Rather than questioning and doubting whether the decision made by the BCCI (Board of Council for Cricket in India) is right or wrong, we should enjoy the game. I personally don’t have a problem; I am looking forward to the games. 


Rumi Jaffrey

It should not be an issue because games cater to a global audience. There is nothing wrong with the IPL being shifted to South Africa. We should enjoy the matches rather than panicking about where they are held.

No comments:

Post a Comment