Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jade Goody’s demise

British celebrity Jade Goody passed away in her sleep in the early hours of Sunday morning at her home in Essex after a prolonged battle with cervical cancer.

After the racial controversy in the reality show Big Brother that Goody hurled racial abuse against Shilpa Shetty, Goody had openly apologized about the same. Since then the two stars had maintained a cordial relationship.

She had once told the media: "I argue like that with everybody. It wasn't just because of the color of her skin that I was that aggressive…The people of India have only seen a small part of me, and I'd like to show them that there is more to me…I'm a mother of two, a businesswoman. I can't be all that bad."

Shilpa had been to meet Jade in London but could not do so again her condition had deteriorated. She said that in a way it was good that Goody passed away in her sleep and she was relieved of the pain and suffering she was going through.

Goody lived one of the world's most public lives, with cameras capturing everything from her racial slurs to her cancer diagnosis and chemotherapy.
The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, who heads the Church of England, said Goody showed a brave side in the face of death.
"If in her earlier career it was all about her, then I think at the end it was about something else," Williams said.
Goody is survived by Tweed and her two sons, Bobby and Freddie, with an ex-boyfriend, television presenter Jeff Brazier. She also is survived by her mother, Jackiey Budden.

No comments:

Post a Comment