Saturday, January 17, 2009

Shilpa Shetty shaves her hair!

Shilpa Shetty will be acting in a film directed by the Malayalam director, R. Sarath, where she have to shave off her long and luscious hair. Nandita Das and Shabana Asmi had done the same once for Deepa Mehta's 'Water'. That film was eventually made without Shabana or Nandita. Sarath's film will be in English, and is titled ‘Desire’.

About her role, Shilpa Shetty said, “I can’t reveal everything about my role. If I tell you everything now why would you watch the film? But yes, this is by far the most challenging role of my career. It takes me through ten turbulent years of my character’s life. It’s a very intense love story between me and my Chinese co-star, Xia Yu.”

The film's shooting will start this week in Kerala, and then it will be shifted to Kuala Lampur. The director wanted to shoor 'Desire' in China, but the permission was denied.

Shilpa portrays the life of an Odissi dancer, in the movie. She said, “I have been a Bharatnatyam dancer all my life. In ‘Desire’ I play an Odissi dancer, and I had to unlearn everything I knew about the classical dance and start from scratch. It has been quite a daunting experience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment