Friday, January 23, 2009

Sanjay Dutt inspiration to join politics is the new US president Barack Obama

barack_


One of Sanjay Dutt ’s biggest sources of inspiration to join politics is the new US president Barack Obama.


Believe it or not Sanjay knows Obama well enough to consider him a political role model. "Like him I am quite an outsider and an individual who has gotten over many levels of prejudice.



I’d like to think of myself as the regular friendly guy nextdoor who came into politics from the cold. Plus, Obama is a complete family man like me. I’d certainly like to pattern my political career on him."


Sanjay Dutt is the only Bollywoodian to have spent time with Obama. "I’ve met him when he was a Senator. But not since he became the President. I plan to do so now.


I’ve marched in an Independence Day rally with him when he was a senator. And we hit it off well. In fact recently I was called by the UN to be felicitated by Obama and Clinton’s families. Unfortunately Barack Obama couldn’t be there."


Now Sanjay is planning to meet up with the US President during his next visit. "As the UN’s ambassador for malnutrition I’ve to again go to the US shortly. I plan to meet up with Obama."


And needless to say, take tips from Obama on how how be a politician without losing family values. Sanjay is taking his Gandhian role in real life very seriously. "I haven’t touched alcohol in months. I’ve become a nimbu-pani man now. I don’t even sneak a drink. If I do I’ll be back guzzling the beverage. For me it’s always all or none. The only time I drank was 31 December and that too just a bit."


His next political move depends on the country’s legal system. "I’m very hopeful I’d be allowed to contest the Lok Sabha elections. They’ve allowed Navjot Sidhu who’s like my brother, why shouldn’t they give me a chance?


He was booked was under Section 302 years which amounts to murder. Navjot is a wonderful man. Things happen in life. The honourable court understood that and gave Navjot a chance to serve our people.


Why can’t they give me the same chance? My recent track record is very positive. I’m the UN’s ambassador for malnutrition. It’s a great honour for me and the country.


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment