Thursday, August 21, 2008

A lot of people feel that DRONA is a super-hero film, on the lines of Batman and Superman

DRo


Another director who’s back after a sabbatical is Goldie Behl. There has been a substantial gap between his directorial debut BAS ITNA SA KHWAAB HAI and his second outing DRONA. “Two reasons, ” Goldie spells out, “Nothing inspired me to start a film in the intervening period. Besides, I decided to dabble in television and establish my company.”


He gets into an introspective mood. “I was completely disillusioned. I took failure to my heart. But with the passage of time, I realized that one should never take failure to heart or success to head, ” the soft-spoken director states.



Goldie penned a couple of scripts in the intervening period. “And also made 3 / 4 films in my mind, ” he laughs. DRONA was ‘born’ after a lot of thinking and brainstorming sessions.


Now this is important: A lot of people feel that DRONA is a super-hero film, on the lines of Batman and Superman. Is it? “It’s not! It’s a modern-day fantasy adventure. Let me clarify, we haven’t copied the West or the East. It’s an original concept, very Indian at heart, a desi film, but presented in a contemporary format, ” he divulges.


Please continue. “I’ve grown up on popular Indian cinema and having grown up in a family environment, you’ll see a lot of familial bonding in DRONA.

No comments:

Post a Comment