Friday, August 8, 2008

Imran plays a troubled guy who kidnaps Dutt’s daughter in the film


Imran Khan’s got guts. From his much-appreciated college boy debut in Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na, he’s playing a character with grey shades in his second film Kidnap directed by Sanjay Gadhvi. “That’s what excited me about this role,” admitted Imran from South Africa where he’s shooting for Luck, “When I read the script, I realised that the character is so drastically different from the first one, that I would be a fool to let it go.”


But isn’t he apprehensive about audience rejection? “You can’t second guess the audience. You have to make your own creative decisions,” said Imran, sounding like a pro in the business already. He denied that Sanjay Dutt was unhappy about Kidnap’s shooting getting delayed because of Jaane Tu... “There’s no truth in it at all. I had finished shooting for Jaane Tu... and then started shooting for Kidnap. It’s also not true that Kidnap was supposed to be my debut film; this film did not even exist when I started doing Jaane...”



Imran plays a troubled guy who kidnaps Dutt’s daughter in the film. “He’s a mysterious guy who’s angry because of something. But he’s very tenacious, too. He has a plan in mind and he’s very focussed about it,” the young star revealed.
He shares a number of scenes with Dutt. “In the first one, I had to act tough with him!” laughed Imran, “I was nervous and kept fumbling my lines. So I apologised to him. He reacted by giving me a hug and telling me to chill. After that, I gave all shots right!”



No comments:

Post a Comment