Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The award reminded me of my journey through the years-Rajesh Khanna

Raje


Yesteryear superstar Rajesh Khanna better known as Kaka has seen the golden era in the seventies and now has about eight films in his kitty. He is ready to set ablaze the silver screen with his seventies heroine Zeenat Aman.


Last year, he was bestowed upon with the Dadasaheb Phalke lifetime achievement award. It has hardly been a year. And no surprises for guessing that this year the Marathi Films Association has also decided to bestow upon the Life Time Achievement Award on Rajesh Khanna.


This award will be given to him on the 28th of August at the Dinanath Mangeshkar award function. Surprisingly the Hindi and Marathi filmdom did not differ on their choice. They have both zeroed in on Rajesh Khanna as far as the life time achievement Award is concerned.



Ask him how he has been and he says, "I am enjoying life even today. At this juncture, I am doing well and have enough money to support myself. God bless me. He too has been very kind with me. I have eight films in my kitty and am quite busy."


Kaka further adds, "Earlier the Dadasaheb Phalke Award had turned me nostalgic. The award reminded me of my journey through the years. It has a special significance as this award has also been conferred upon B R Chopra, the legendary filmmaker, who once gave me a chance to enter films. I cherish the memories of that song Ittefaq produced by B.R. Chopra and directed by Yash Chopra. The journey into the film industry is undoubtedly an unforgettable experience, but I don’t consider success as the destination.


On being chosen for the Lifetime achievement Award by the Marathi Film Fraternity, he says, "I feel privileged to be bestowed upon the lifetime Achievement Award from the Marathi film fraternity. It makes me feel so touched that they thought of conferring this award on me. I have no words to express my gratitude."


We took the opportunity of asking about his most liked heroine? "Women are beautiful. They still fascinate me. Life should be enjoyed every moment. Women are meant to be befriended. But I can’t say Sharmila Tagore or Zeenat Aman were my favourite heroines. I shared a good relationship with all the leading ladies. Do you know most of my female fans left lipstick marks on my car? Such memories cannot be washed away," he refreshes his memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment