Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Amitabh Bachchan 6.6 million people in this universe and 1.6 billion are still without any electricity.

Amitabh bachchan


Speaking at the launch of his Unforgettable Tour that will see the likes of Preity Zinta, Ritiesh Deshmukh, Shilpa Shetty, Akshay Kumar, Madhuri Dixit and of course the Bachchan bachchas Abhishek and Aishwarya take centre stage, Amitabh Bachchan said that he is all set to rock with his fans all over the world.“Sounding a little immodest I will say that I am the culprit behind this whole idea.
I thing I initiated this way back in 1981 when I first went out with Kalyanji Anandji bhai. Then this trend continued for many years and we went on a major concert tour in 1983. And then I remember swearing that I would never do another concert again because of its strenuous nature. But then the call of the people…and the audiences and their warmth and love is so inviting that I ventured out again in 1990 and this time we even took along some of my colleagues. And the response was even better. This trend has now grown into a yearly trend within the industry where senior actors and those who are younger than me have all gone out and been received so successfully that now here we are. I hope that we are able to put up a show of respectable magnitude. We are very grateful to all those stars that have joined us and especially the guest stars like Akshay Kumar who flew in just for a day from South Africa,” sad the senior actor.Bachchan adds that it’s not just about the singing and dancing. He looks at his Unforgettable Tour as yet another opportunity to showcase his India to the world. “I always felt very honoured whenever we have been able to take anything out of India to foreign shores,” said the patriotic star.


Reminiscing about his previously sold out tour Jumma Chumma, the Big B hopes that the Unforgettable Tour is bigger, better and brighter than his all his previous sold out tours.



“One of the most memorable tours that I was associated with was the Jumma Chumma tour and we utilized the services of some great creativity and technology of the Western world. And I do believe that our Indian stars and actors and films have the content to match up with anything that is best in the world as long as we get the support of the public. We only need your affection, your support and your blessings!” he said modestly.


Bachchan added that like in all spheres of his life, he hopes that through his Unforgettable Tour along with Ash and Abhsishek, the three Bachchans will be promoting the UNEP’s Going Green campaign.


“During the business forum that was held here at IIFA we met Dr. Pachauria who has won the Nobel Prize. During his discourse he was able to tell us about his campaign that there are 6.6 million people in this universe and 1.6 billion are still without any electricity. And do not have the use of an electric bulb…. He feels that all of us should work together so that we all can have electricity. I had volunteered my name and now await his instructions. I have also added Abhishek and Aishwarya’s name to the project.”


“Similarly I have given my support to the UNEP’s Plant one Billion Trees in the universe project. And I am very happy to tell you that the initiative is doing so well that the UNEP has now modified it to 2 and 3 billion trees. And what I am trying to say is that if all of us (pointing to Ash, Abhishek and Akshay Kumar) and you all as well plant just one tree then I think all these hopes of the UNEP and Dr. Pachauria won’t be that difficult. We can have 6.6 billion trees very easily!”

No comments:

Post a Comment