Saturday, April 19, 2008

Koena Mitra has a brand new ‘love’


Koena Mitra

Koena Mitra has a brand new ‘love’ and she’s flaunting it on her ring finger.


Traditionally, the wedding band is worn on the third finger of the left hand because the vein in it is believed to be connected to the heart the symbol of love. The Bong bombshell has taken this a step further. She has inked the words ‘love’ (with ‘o’ done in the shape of heart) on the wedding band finger.


The actress was spotted at the recent Gladrags Mega Model Hunt 2008 contest in the city bearing the mark.


Koena got herself permanently inked three weeks ago by tattoo artist Elton F Dias at her residence. Her earlier tattoo of a belly chain was also done by him. “Elton is my physical trainer’s brother and I prefer the comfort of my own home to be inked.”


The tattoo has been done in such a way that it is visible only when she keeps her fingers apart. “If I keep my palm open, you can’t see it, nor can one see it from the upper part of my hand.”


The reason


This is because the actress believes that tattoos should not be obstructive and in-your-face. “It’s primarily for you and others should see it when you want them to see it!"


Each tattoo has a story to tell, Koena’s has one too. “I thought of it as a cute idea. Right now, I am single.


In the future when I marry, I’ll be wearing a ring from the love of my life in the same place,” says Koena who is preparing for her role as a superwoman in Pritish Nandy Communication’s Karna.


Belly chain tattoo


“I loved wearing a belly chain but sometimes it would be uncomfortable. I opted for a tattoo of it. Now it’s comfortable and forever.”


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment