Monday, September 14, 2009

Riteish Deshmukh has paired up with Govinda for the first time

riteishRiteish Deshmukh has paired up with Govinda for the first time in David Dhawan directed DO KNOT DISTURB. Naturally, it was a humbling moment for him to be sharing screen space with the veteran actor who has been regaling the audience for more than a couple of decades. Recently it was Tusshar Kapoor who appeared with Govinda in box office success LIFE PARTNER and a few weeks down the line, it is Riteish sharing a love-hate relationship with Govinda.


Considering the fact that both Riteish and Govinda are known for their amazing comic timing, how did the two compliment each other?


"Well, I guess the timing factor has worked quite well in DO KNOT DISTURB as well. I have done everything in the best of my capacity though I do hope that in years down the line, I do manage to match the kind of high standards that Govindaji has set for himself", says Riteish who has time and again excelled in comic roles.



"Even though I have grown and proved myself with every film of mine, I hope that I have reached the level good enough to be facing the camera with Govindaji. After all with him around you have to be constantly on your toes and DO KNOT DISTURB was no different. You need to have split second reactions with him around and catch the cues fast enough so that momentum isn’t lost in the scene", Riteish says in awe.


His six years experience of being a part of Bollywood did help though.


"This is what made it a relaxed atmosphere for me to be on the sets with people like Davidji (Dhawan) and Govindaji", adds Riteish, "It took me 6 long years to get to a stage where I could work in a film with them. It’s fine, after all every film has the right timing and DO KNOT DISTURB came to me at just the right time."


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment