Thursday, September 24, 2009

An imposter created a fake Sushmita Sen Facebook account



Thanks to numerous social networking sites, Bollywood celebrities are fast losing their identity on the World Wide Web! One of the latest victims of fake social networking site is Sushmita Sen who was literally appalled when she came to know that an impersonator was duping her fans in the name of charity.


According to the latest Bollywood news, an imposter created a fake Sushmita Sen Facebook account and asked her fans for donations. While talking to a news daily, the stunning diva fumed at the audacity of her impersonator and said, “It’s not a game. For this gentleman or lady, whoever he or she might be, charity obviously begins and ends at home. My impersonator has even opened an account where charitable Facebook participants can donate money.”



The actress was simply not amused and admitted the fact that her not being net-savvy should not be taken for a ride as she continued, “I’ve been smiling a little indulgently at all these fake Sushmita Sens on Facebook and Twitter. I thought as long as they were not harming me, let them have fun. But now when someone decides to open a charitable account on my behalf it’s time to seriously get up and do something to stop people.”


By the way, when Sushmita’s friends called her up to enquire about the charity, the damsel was completely unaware of her fake profile, which duped her naïve fans. A shell-shocked Sushmita said, “I was zapped! I was like ... huh! I do love giving to charitable causes. But not in this tacky way. Whoever has the nerve to ask for money and open a website for the purpose trusted in my charitable instincts a bit too much.”


However, Sushmita strongly feels that fake identities are one of the biggest menace on internet should be curbed as, “If you have a name that people can use then these things are bound to happen. So far I didn’t mind my name being used by others. But now let me make it very I am not on Facebook, Twitter or anything. And I’m certainly not into asking for money for charity on the internet. Hey guys, that’s not me!”


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment