Friday, September 4, 2009

Rajesh Shringarpure has already played 12 different characters

priyanka


Recently, it was reported in the media that actress Priyanka Chopra will be the first one ever to play 12 different roles in a film. However, actor Rajesh Shringarpure has already played 12 different characters way back in the year 2006. This was for the Marathi movie SHAMBHU MAZA NAVSACHA directed by Subhash Phadke.


Says Rajesh, ’’I never realized I was creating a record of sorts while working on SHAMBHU MAZA NAVSACHA. Someone informed me about it and I was pleasantly surprised at the moment. I have never really publicized this fact as I really do not like to spread news about myself, but I think it would be safe to say that yes I have played 12 different characters in a film.’’



Another record of sorts was the fact that Rajesh changed through the 12 looks in a single day. In fact, make-up artist Sunil Sawant who created the looks without the use of prosthetics received an award from the Government of Maharashtra for Best Make-up.


Rajesh Shringarpure, who debuted with the movie PARAMVEER CHAKRA in 1995, is best known for the character he played of Sanjay Somji in Ram Gopal Varma’s SARKAR RAAJ. He was also seen as Lord Krishna in the serial ’Saarthi’ and has starred opposite Raveena Tandon in the show ’Sahib Biwi Aur Ghulam’. He will soon be seen as Madhavrao Scindia in the Hema Malini - Vinod Khanna film EK THI RANI AISI BHI and in Ashish Balram Nagpal’s AAJA GUNAAH KAR LE


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment