Thursday, August 20, 2009

Shah Rukh holds a press meet after his trip to the US

After the highly publicized episode of his US trip, Shah Rukh Khan held a press meet to set things right.

He stated that while he respected the law of every land, but what really annoyed him was the deliberate attempt by the American immigration personnel to make this usual procedure an ordeal for him. ''I don't want to be treated differently from the rest of the people. But, what made me furious was the fact that the immigration authorities at the airport wanted someone to vouch for my identity despite the fact that a huge crowd had gathered to take my autograph. Even when a senior airport official came forward to vouch for me, the immigration authorities were relentless with the interrogation.'' said Shah Rukh to the media guys.

Several people called it off as a publicity stunt, he had a ready reply to that also: ''I don't need to create cheap publicity stunts when everyone knows who SRK is. And why would I engage in such thrills when my film is still nine months away from its release date.''

No comments:

Post a Comment