Monday, August 24, 2009

Ayesha Kapoor is plays protagonist Parzaan Dastur’s with best friend- Nasreen!

Ayesha_



She earned rave reviews for her performance as a blind and deaf girl in the critically acclaimed “Black”, but 14-year-old Ayesha Kapoor says she wasn’t able to relate to her character of a conservative Kashmiri girl in her latest film “Sikandar”.



“It was hard for me to relate to my character in the film since I’m a completely different in real life. Nasreen, my character, is conservative. That’s the opposite of me,” says Ayesha.

“From a very young age, I have lived in an international community. My friends are from all over the world. I get to meet people from different cultures. That’s made me quite modern. Also, I am half German, so my thinking is very different,” she added.

Directed by Piyush Jha, “Sikandar” released Friday and has got mixed reviews. In the film, Ayesha plays protagonist Parzaan Dastur’s best friend Nasreen.


Technorati Tags:


Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment