Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sonam Kapoor speaks about her Hero

sonam1

Sonam KapoorQ Whom do you like between Ranbir and Imran?
Both of them have stripped in my films. I like both of them.

Q Imran teases you a lot. Are you okay with it?
Imran is one of the gentlest people I have ever met. He is so modest and has no hang-ups. He is ethical to the point where he can drive you mad. He is the perfect cross connection for my craziness.
He did it like a ritual; he had this one rule - If I don’t harass Sonam today, my day will go bad. But I didn’t mind his teasing because it just showed how comfortable and relaxed he was with me, otherwise he just shuts up and sits.

Q Do you have a screen idol among heroines?
Sridevi - for all that she has achieved across every genre of cinema, If I become even 10 per cent of the actress she was, I will have achieved something! She is the only actress who has been able to get an opening for a film on her name.

Q During IHLS, you were linked with director Punit Malhotra. Comment.
Yeah because he’s a good-looking man and I’m a good-looking girl, so chalo jodi bana do. But nothing is true. When he came to me with the script, I thought ‘Yeh director hai? He should be an actor. I also thought he wouldn’t have written the script, but he had not only written the script but also the dialogue.

Q In IHLS and Aisha, you chose to work with new directors.
Thodi sanki hoon na, so I decided to go the other way. I got many offers from seasoned directors but when you work with them, there are a lot of expectations. Both my earlier films were big budget films. When you have less money and less time, you start thinking of different ways of being creative. I don’t think films flop, according to me, budgets fail. If Saawariya’s budget had been Rs 15 crore less, it would have been a hit.

Q How was it working in your own home production, Aisha?
It just felt like any other film. I was pulled up for doing anything wrong and my work on the film ended when we completed our last shot. I saw a song because Rhea asked me to come; even Abhay Deol saw it with me.

Q What are the pros and cons of being a star daughter?
There are only pros. I have my dad’s experience behind me and because I’m a girl and not a boy, there’s not much comparison. I don’t have to talk to people directly, they go to dad. I don’t have any awkward conversations about money as people have too much respect for him and he has a very good reputation. People just want to work with him and they think ‘the apple can’t fall too far from the tree, maybe she is good as well’. So I get work. I have no qualms about it.
The biggest stars in our country are Shah Rukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra who are not from film families and you also have Ranbir Kapoor, Salman Khan … it is all about your destiny.

How have your parents reacted to your years in the industry?
In November, I will complete three years, and if you count the time I was assisting on Black, it has been five years. My parents tell me what’s working for me and what’s not. Mom told me not to even think about joining the rat race: ‘You can’t do it, manipulations have to be done and you will start crying. You will do well, if it is in your destiny.
Don’t fret over why so-and-so wrote this or who has signed which film, as all this starts affecting everything else you do’. I have blinkers around my eyes. If I’m offered a film which someone has rejected I don’t even want to know who rejected it. Since I’m keeping up with my mom’s advice, my dad is very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment