Friday, July 9, 2010

Kangna Ranaut says that I always get compliments for my body

StarAd1

Kangna Ranaut, who plays a ’70s diva in Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, talks about her onscreen look and about the script she is working on.

How is your look in Once Upon a Time in Mumbai?
There was pressure on me to look glamorous. I am representing Bollywood in the ’70s. The look was difficult to achieve as there were boundaries that we could not overstep. The tailoring was different. Also, we were cautious about the hairstyles. My hairstylist has been working in the industry for 35 years and has styled Hema Malini. It took me two hours to just get my hair done.

If Prachi Desai channelled Dimple Kapadia, who was your inspiration?
Parveen Babi and Zeenat Aman. They changed the way actresses behaved. Before them, actresses used to go to premieres with a ghoonghat.

How do today’s actresses differ from their counterparts from that era?
Actresses then looked feminine. Most of the time, my directors forget that I am a woman. The cinematographer and I were talking about another actress’ look and I casually asked him what he thought about mine, he said, ‘but you are one of the boys!’

What about working with Ajay Devgn?
Ajay is a great actor, so it was not difficult to strike a rapport with him. He has the most expressive eyes. He emotes through them and it’s very easy to react to that.

Apparently 2010 will be a good year for your romantic relationships. How has the year been thus far?
Really? My astrologer told me 2011 will be the year. So I am looking forward to 2011. You never know, I might fall in love.

What do you have to say about reports that claim you have undergone plastic surgery?
I always get compliments for my body. If I put on weight, people must be crazy to think that I have asked a doctor to add layers of fat to me.

Despite being part of successful projects, your accent is still being singled out.
Everybody has an accent but as actors it’s very important to change it according to the character. In my next film, Game, I play a character who is from England so I have a British accent. I am working on my diction and modulation.


Are you working on your script?
It’s still in the first draft. The film is about the perfect man. I plan to make it after four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment