Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Anil was jovial best at the event

anil

Anil Kapoor literally gatecrashed the music launch of his daughter’s forthcoming film Aisha. But before the gossip mills start running, allow us to tell you that it was just a joke!

Turns out that Anil was at his jovial best at the event. The actor began by saying that the reason why he gatecrashed was because he wasn’t invited to the event. “This is the worst day of my life. My daughters didn’t even invite me. It was my driver who informed me about the event and that’s how I gatecrashed here,” he said.

Anil’s other daughter Rhea Kapoor is producing the film that also stars Abhay Deol opposite Sonam Kapoor. Aisha is an adaptation of the classic British novel, Emma by Jane Austen and has Sonam playing the lead protagonist. Directed by Rajshree Ojha, the film has been shot in Delhi, Mumbai and Hrishikesh.

Interestingly Aisha had an all-women team, including the director herself. Anil, who feels proud of his daughters and the entire crew says, “There’s a lot of young energy that shows in the movie.”
The actor further revealed that though he was a part of the project, he couldn’t get involved as he was out of the country during the shoot. “I was busy shooting for my American series 24. But mentally and morally I supported them. The creative input was entirely theirs. I’m happy to see how they’ve grown to be independent women.
Whenever Rhea would call me while facing a problem, she would talk to me like a producer and not as a daughter. In fact after some time I was even scared to take to her calls!” he laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment