Friday, May 14, 2010

Sherlyn Chopra's Mangoes Fascination


Sheryln Chopra is a huge mango fan. She loves mangoes like anything and eats them voraciously and when she devors them, she cares two hoots about her figure. My memories of mangoes are closely linked with my father. He was very good at making aamras. As a kid, I recollect wolfing down hot piping rotis with aamras. So, every time I miss my father, I make myself some yummy aamras with rotis. As I was my daddy's girl, I would insist on getting the largest share of the aamras. I remember once stealing a couple of mangos from my neighbour's garden. My dad had given me a rap on my knuckles. He told me 'once a thief, always a thief'. That same day he went to the market and got me dozens of mangoes

To be frank, I am quite bad at bargaining. And when a shopkeeper tells me, "Madam, aap jaise log bargain karenge, toh aam janta kya karegi?" (If people like you start bargaining, what will commoners do?), that's it, I can't haggle anymore. Also, I lack the patience to scout around ten shops while buying. I randomly pick up mangoes and later realise that I have made a mistake. That's why I normally send my assistant or trainer to pick up mangoes for me. They're far better at it. My sister is good at bargaining too, so I send her at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment