Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Exclusive The Best Quotes From Oscar Winners 2009


Rahman , who came onstage again to accept the award for Jai Ho, he said, "All my life I had the option of choosing love or hate. I chose love so here I am."




"My kids are too old to remember this now, but when they were much younger, I swore to them that if this miracle ever happened that I would recede into the character of Tigger from Winnie the Pooh," Danny Boyle said jumping up and down, after winning the best director Academy Award for Slumdog Millionaire. Boyle also thanked the city of Mumbai. "You dwarf even this guy," he said pointing to the Oscar statuette.



"Art is the universal language! Has anybody ever fainted here? Because I might be the first one," Penelope Cruz said accepting the award for the Best Supporting Actress. This was the first award of the evening. Cruz also thanked Woody Allen for ’trusting me with this beautiful character. Thank you for having written all these years some of the greatest characters for women."



"OK, that fainting thing, Penelope," Kate Winslet joked later as she accepted her best-actress prize for The Reader, in which she plays a former concentration camp guard who has an affair with a teen. "I’d be lying if I haven’t made a version of this speech before. I think I was probably eight years old and staring into the bathroom mirror, and this would be a shampoo bottle. But it’s not a shampoo bottle now."



"You commie homo-loving sons of a guns! I did not expect this, and I want it to be very clear that I do know how hard I make it to appreciate me, often, but I am touched by the appreciation." Sean Penn said while accepting his Best Actor award for his role in Milk.Penn added, "For those who saw the signs of hatred as our cars drove in tonight, I think it’s a good time for those who voted for the ban against gay marriage to sit and reflect on their great shame and their shame in their grandchildren’s eyes if they continue that support. We’ve got to have equal rights for everyone."



An overwhelmed Resul Pookutty while accepting award for best sound mixing said, "I come form a country that gave the word ’OM’ to the world."



Slumdog Millionaire Producer Christian Colson while accepting the award for Best Picture said, "(This was possible) for our shared love for the extraordinary city of Mumbai. When we started out, we had no stars, we had no power or muscle, we didn’t have enough money really to do what we wanted to do. But what we had was a script that inspired mad love in everyone who read it. Most of all, we had passion and we had belief and our film shows that if you have those two things, truly anything is possible."



Simon Beaufoy dedicated the award for the best adapted screenplay to ’Danny and Christian, the other two musketeers’. Oddly though the other person he named in his speech was ’the beautiful Latika’. Wonder if he’d forgotten Freida Pinto’s name or he actually meant the character.



Megan Mylan, the director of Smile Pinki thanked the protagonist of her award-winning documentary. "Thank you Pinki Kumar for letting me tell your story," she said.



Heath Ledger’s sister spoke for many people present in the audience when she said, "Wish you were here!"Ledger’s father added, "I have to say this is ever so humbling, just being amongst such wonderful people in such a wonderful industry. We’d like to thank the academy for recognising our son’s amazing work, Warner Bros. and Christopher Nolan in particular for allowing Heath the creative license to develop and explore this crazy Joker character."The two, along with his mother accepted Ledger’s award for the Best Actor in a Supporting Role.



Dustin Lance Black, winner best original screenplay for Milk said, "Thank you mom for loving me for who I am. Thank you god for giving us Milk."



Jochen Alexander Freydank winner of Live Action Short Spielzeugland said, "I spent four years of my life for this 14-minute movie."



"Due to cutbacks, the Academy said they didn’t have enough money for an opening number," Hugh Jackman declared. "I’m going to do one anyway." Jackman who hosted the evening held the audiences in splits with his wisecracks.He opened the evening saying, "Kate Winslet, British, plays a German in The Reader - nominated. Robert Downey Jr., American, plays an Australian who is playing an African-American in Tropic Thunder - nominated. Whereas I am Australian playing an Australian in a movie called Australia - hosting!"


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment