Monday, November 22, 2010

Sonu Sood wants to act in Kannada movie

sonu-sood-dhoondte-reh-jaaoge[1]1

Sonu Sood is in love with his first Sandalwood outing. Acting as the antagonist in Vishnuvardhana, that also stars Sudeep, he says, “I love the city. I had a shot on the roads in Seshadripuram. People are so cinema friendly. Unlike Mumbai, they allowed us to carry on with the shooting of the film.”
As for choosing to act in a Kannada film, he says, “I simply had to. I’ve acted in Hindi, English, Tamil and Telugu films. I always wanted to act in a Kannada film. I was just waiting for the right subject. This one is simply perfect. It is an action-comedy revolving around a don who loses his mobile and a series of misadventures that take place. I play that don. It is a challenging script.”
Sonu, who seems to be quite the hot property as far as Telugu films are concerned, says, “I’m currently am working on three Telugu films. But the one film that I am really eager to get working on is Buddha, which is being directed by Puri Jagannadh. Coincidentally, this film will also be made in Hindi and stars Amitabh Bachchan. I play a cop, while Bachchansaab plays an underworld kingpin. It will be an interesting film to work in.”
Apart from Buddha, Sonu may also take on another Hindi project. “My biggest Telugu hit, Arundhati, is being remade into Hindi. Although plans were on for long, the rights have been obtained only now. I have been approached by them. While there is nothing on paper as of yet, things are looking bright. And I’m sure people will enjoy this film. For, after Robot and Dabangg, people are now all for entertainers,” says Sonu.
The actor maintains how he always ensures he makes extra time for his South Indian films.
“When I have projects here, I ensure I take time off from Hindi. I think the response I’ve got for my roles here is overwhelming and demands me to ensure I give it all and more its worth. I hope with Vishnuvardhana, I get to see a similar welcome as far as Kannada films are concerned,” signs off Sonu.

No comments:

Post a Comment