Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Anushka Sharma talks about her upcoming movies




In the last few years, a number of new entrants have managed to create a space for themselves. Post Om Shanti Om, Deepika Padukone has enjoyed the maximum number of releases and hits. Sonam Kapoor too has got a shot in the arm post I Hate Luv Storys, while Kangna’s career has suddenly seen a revival as well with half a dozen new assignments.
However Anushka Sharma, despite a Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi with none other than Shah Rukh Khan behind her, hasn’t quite marched ahead in the race. Does she feel that Bollywood hasn’t quite woken up to her and she is yet to get her due?
“I agree with that. However, this also has a lot to do with the visibility factor. The thing is that I am not very big on PR. I am a little uncomfortable when things are written about me which don’t have much gravity in them. This makes me a no-frills actor since my personal life is not really written about.”
She is hopeful though that things will change for the better in due course of time. She says, “I am sure things will fall in place sooner or later. If your work is not good and you are known only for your public appearances, your market value will eventually die its natural death. This is the reason why I don’t add any frills around me and only allow my body of work reach out to people.”

Given the fact that even top actresses, despite a good body of work, are quite strong when it comes to visibility within and outside the industry, doesn’t Anushka feel that her philosophy is resulting in lesser work than her contemporaries?
“I am not saying that people have not accepted me or are ignoring me. In fact they have been quite nice to me. However, if to get noticed, I have to be spoken about everyday then sorry, that’s not me. This is not the kind of path that I have etched for myself,” concludes Anushka, rather confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment