Monday, November 22, 2010

Once I have seen the film, I can well predict their fate: Kareena

Kareena-Kapoor[1]1

Kareena Kapoor seems to have a sixth sense about the fate of her films. or so she claims. She says she can pretty much sense how her film will fare at the box office beforehand. She may not mention the names of those films (shall we count Main Aurr Mrs. Khanna?) that she knew wouldn’t work. However, when it comes to her successes, the most recent being Golmaal 3, she claims she knew it would be a roaring success.

“With the kind of experience that I come with in the industry, I guess I am intelligent enough to tell which of my films will work at the box office and which ones won’t,” says Kareena. “Once I have seen the film, I can well predict their fate.” While Golmaal 3 actually exceeded her expectations, what does she have to say about her last film We Are Family which didn’t quite set the box office on fire? “It was never expected to be a blockbuster to begin with,” she defends, “The film didn’t quite belong to the genre that would have attracted a wider audience. Every film comes with its own kundli and We Are Family had its own. I knew that, and so did Karan (Johar), hence it was made within a certain budget. I am not the kind of actor who lives in an ivory tower. I am pretty clued in to reality.”

Given the confidence she is displaying, hasn’t she ever wondered about turning a producer herself? “No way, I have no intention of turning producer. That’s like getting into a different world altogether and I am certainly not one for that,” laughs Kareena, “I am here just to act. Pehle woh toh kar loon!”


Well, with beau Saif pretty much straddling both - production and acting for his next and Kareena lending support, guess she doesn’t need to get into production.

No comments:

Post a Comment