Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kiss is necessary for modern cinema: Deepika Padukone

deepika1

Deepika Padukone makes a pretty pair with Imran Khan in their next film, Break Ke Baad. Directed by first-timer Danish Aslam, the film will release this Friday.

In a candid conversation, Deepika spoke freely about kissing Imran in the film, and why she would love to do a sports movie. Sonil Dedhia took notes.

How did Break Ke Baad happen?

(Producer) Kunal Kohli told me that he was doing a film and wanted me to read the script. I read it and enjoyed the character that I would have to play. So I said yes. We didn’t have to bother about dates as everything fell into place.

I play Aaliya, who is very ambitious and independent. But she doesn’t know how to balance that with her relationship. So she wants a break. She doesn’t really believe in love or relationships or marriage. She wants to become an actress so she goes to Australia for higher studies. So the two lovers decide to part ways temporarily and take a break.

Would you relate to your character in real life?


Yes and no. Aaliya is very ambitious and wants to achieve a lot. I identify with that. But she is also someone who sacrifices her relationship, and doesn’t believe in love or marriage. I don’t even connect with the concept of taking a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment