Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Meghna Naidu registered a complaint with the Cyber Crime Investigation

Meghna Naidu
Actress Meghna Naidu on Tuesday registered a complaint with the Cyber Crime Investigation Cell (CCIC) of the Mumbai crime branch, after an anonymous person allegedly hacked into her email account and maligned her during chat conversations with her friends on email.

According to Naidu, on Saturday she received calls from three of her friends who asked her whether someone was using her email account.

“Since I was not using the email account at that time, I was shocked to know that someone had hacked into my email account. My friends told me that the hacker was maligning me. The hacker told my friends during the chat that I was pregnant and that I was having a relationship with some actor,” said Naidu, a resident of Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri.

She added that the hacker had used her Gmail account for two
hours. “My friends realised that it wasn’t me chatting with them. Then they called me up and informed me. On Tuesday, I registered a complaint in this regard. I want to know who the hacker is and why he maligned me. The IP addresses of the computers from which the chat messages were sent have been traced to Byculla and Pune,” she said, adding that earlier her email and Facebook accounts were hacked. “After that, I had closed my Facebook account,” Naidu said.

“We have requested the Gmail authorities to provide us login and logout details of the email account,” said police inspector Mukund Pawar from CCIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment