Friday, February 19, 2010

Salman Khan will host India's largest cycling event



Galloping ’Veer’ is gonna have the ride of his life. On a Hercules bicycle, if you please! Mumbai will host India’s largest cycling event together with ’Being Human’, Salman Khan’s NGO which aims to elevate facilities in education and healthcare.

The Mumbai chapter of the ’BSA Hercules India Cyclothon’ (Feb 21,2010) is being touted as a "community ride which will promote the practice of cycling in the city." Cyclists, working professionals, house spouses and children too are expected to take part in the racy cyclothon, which will be kicked off with Khan’s starry presence.


"I loved to cycle as a child," revealed Khan at a Press con. "It was my dad who taught me cycling. In fact, even as I was learning to cycle with my dad holding my cycle, my mom called out to him. Absent mindedly, he let me go as he turned to answer her, but I went ahead… I had learnt to cycle! I used to cycle to the medical store to fetch medicines for dad."

Technorati Tags:

Del.Icio.Us Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment