Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Akshay Kumar aims to excel in his facet as a businessman

akshay-


Apart from his innings as an entertainer, Akshay Kumar has also carved his niche as a brand ambassador and model. Now, the actor aims to excel in his facet as a businessman too.


Earlier, Hari Om Productions has greenlighted ventures such as ’Waqt’, ’Namastey London’, ’Singh Is Kingg’ and ’De Dana Dhan’. "It was my dad’s biggest dream to start a production house," reveals Kumar in a tabloid chat. "But I do feel bad that I could not start Hari Om Productions when he was alive."


The invaluable lessons he’s picked up as a producer are proving profitable with his future trio of ventures: ’Khatta Meetha’, ’Tees Maar Khan’ and ’Patiala House’.



"I’m a businessman of commercial cinema," avers Akki. "I want all my producers and distributors to earn money."


Although the small screen is lucrative business, Kumar isn’t keen on venturing into TV, although ’Khatron Ke Khiladi’ (Colors) did earn him a fresh horde of fans. "I did the show coz’ it was a ’Fear Factor’ kind of concept," he asserts. "I could never do a quiz show."


On second thoughts, Action Kumar states, "As of now, I’m clear that Hari Om Productions will not get into television. But, you never know! Five years back, I’d said that I would never turn producer. A decade ago, I didn’t want to do ads. Look at me, now!."


Brand Akki speaking….


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment