Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Asin shifts base to Mumbai

South Indian sensation Asin Thottumkal is moving lock, stock and barrel to Mumbai from Chennai. She has almost zeroed on a house in Bandra.

The latest attraction on the silver screen said to the media: "I've been travelling non-stop. I had no time to look around and find a place. But now we're finalising a place in Bandra. Hopefully, by New Year I'll lock in to the place. Right now we feel a little unsettled. In Mumbai, you desperately need your own home."

Asin’s parents have given up their jobs and home and will move to Mumbai with her. "Both of them gave up their jobs to be with me. Mom is a doctor. She has taken voluntary retirement. She manages my home now. And dad had seven business enterprises. He gave them up to look after my career. Right now I'm quite a handful and worth more than all his business ventures," she said happily.

She did not feel that alien to Bollywood while shooting for Ghajini as almost the entire crew was from the South. So, in that case, London Dreams was like a first proper Bollywood experience. And now, the audience can expect more of her as she is to become a resident of Mumbai. Asin will move into her new home in January 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment