Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kareena Kapoor planning to build a school for underprivileged and handicapped children

kar


Kareena Kapoor has a well-kept secret. The actress who is planning to start a yoga school at some point, is also planning to build a school for underprivileged and handicapped children, along with her sister Karisma.When asked, the actress reluctantly said, “I am uncomfortable talking about such things. I feel it’s best to talk when the time is right and they happen. Lolo and I have plans some of building a school for underprivileged and handicapped children.



We have such schools all over but we need to have specially equipped ones with people fully qualified to take care of the children and their special needs. It’s been a dream for both of us to have such a school but these are plans which will take shape much later - all in good time.”


Kareena is currently shooting in Ladakh and is having a blast. “Ladakhi food is delicious and healthy as it’s made with natural products. I am having a hard time resisting it. Since I am a vegetarian, the thukpa (a thick soup with vegetables), mok-moks (steamed dumplings stuffed with vegetables and accompanied by a spicy chili sauce) and skyu (Tsampa or wheat flour dumplings cooked with vegetables) are dishes I have been eating a lot. In fact, when my 3 Idiots director Raju (Hirani) first saw me he said I need to put on weight so he keeps urging me to eat.”

No comments:

Post a Comment