Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Actress Minissha Lamba is keen on doing a period drama

Minissh


Bollywood actress Minissha Lamba, who has donned both glamorous and non-glamorous roles, said that she is keen on doing a period drama like `Jodhaa Akbar`.


"I do not have any particular genre that I would like to do. I just want to entertain people. But I want to do a period drama like Jodhaa Akbar. I loved the film and wished I was a part of it," the 25-year-old actress told reporters adding she is interested in history than anything else.


Minissha started her journey as an actor from the critically acclaimed film, `Yahaan`, alongside Jimmy Shergill in 2005. She was later seen in `Corporate`, `Bachna Ae Haseeno` and with her ultra-glamorous look in `Kidnap`.



"It has been a great journey. There were disappointments and happier times as well. These things are part and parcel of every industry...and of everyone`s life. I am grateful for where I am today. There is a lot more that I need to do," she said.


When asked how the industry reacts to new comers like her and who do not have a filmi background, the actress said, "I did not face any problem. I think the industry is warm and encourages new comers."


"If you have a filmi background people know you better...your network is good. But the industry recognises talent and appreciate it, be it for a filmi or non-filmi actor," the actress said.


Minissha, who is currently shooting for `Hum Tum Aur Shabana` by Sagar Bellary of `Bheja Fry` fame, said 2010 is her year of comedy.


"My both the films of 2010 are a kind of comedy. `Well Done Abba` was a political satire and `Hum Tum Aur Shabana` is an out-and-out comedy," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment