Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Shah Rukh reveals Akon singing Hindi language in Ra.1

akon


Shah Rukh reveals Akon’s plans of not only singing for the ambitious super-hero film Ra.1 in the English language but also in Hindi.


Says Shah Rukh, “On Tuesday and Wednesday he’ll record our song with Vishal-Shekhar for Ra.1.”


That’s where the real excitement begins.


Says the excited superstar, “ There’re two versions of the song in English and Hindi and Akon wants to sing in Hindi.


Though he’s a Senegalese by birth he can sing in many different languages. I don’t see why he can’t manage Hindi. Akon is very charged about coming to Mumbai to sing.


He will be adding his own bits to Vishal-Shekhar’s composition. Akon is very participative.I love his songs, just like you love Latabai’s numbers.”


Shah Rukh hums one of Akon’s recent chartbusters. And you wonder why Shah Rukh doesn’t sing for himself .



SRK laughs, “No yaar I can’t sing. I did some lines for myself in Josh. But that was not real singing. If Akon can sing for me why should I?”


Shah Rukh says he is a big fan of Akon’s music. And now he’s friends with the super-rapper. “When I met him recently in New York for the first time I was floored by his niceness. Such a big international star and so down-to- earth.Such a humble man. I asked him if he’s sing for me and he said, anytime.”


The minute Shah Rukh mooted the idea that Akon sing for Ra.1, the super-rapper was game. “ Everyone including Kareena who has heard the song has loved it. I think Akon’s song is a very good way to get the Ra.1 project on its feet.”


Akon has a jam-packed 3-day schedule ahead.


Says Shah Rukh, “He’ll be performing at the XXX launch, recording the song. I’ll also have him home for dinner and also arrange a quick press meet for him.


I don’t want to put too much pressure on his time. After all the man’s got to sleep also. But it is just a three-day visit and I guess he’ll have a lot to do during his time in Mumbai.”


Shah Rukh also wants to show My Name Is Khan to Akon. “Akon was in Cairo when My Name Is Khan released there. He saw all the hoardings and has heard a lot about the film. He has shown interest in watching it. Insha Allah, I’ll screen my film for Akon when he’s here.”


Shah Rukh a certifiable workaholic says he has been preparing to perform all the daring action scenes in Ra.1.


“I tried to see how much of it my shoulder can take. And you know what? My hand still hurts when I put pressure on my shoulder. But we’ll really get to know in April how much of the action I can shoulder when I get down to it..”


Shah Rukh says actors doing their own stunts is becoming boring.


“It’s become passe for actors to claim they are doing all their stunts themselves. Of course they have to! What’s the big deal in that? We’ve to take screen-action to another level. And that’s what we plan to do in Ra.1.”

No comments:

Post a Comment