Sunday, March 28, 2010

The big cat is all set to make an appearance in Bollywood film

hangove


Mike Tyson`s tiger played a crucial role in 2009 Hollywood blockbuster `The Hangover` and now the big cat is all set to make an appearance in Bollywood film `Housefull`.


The theatrical promo of Sajid Khan directed film, shows a shot where Akshay Kumar is seen introducing a tiger to the audience. There is a widespread speculation that filmmaker
was "inspired" from `The Hangover` for the particular scene.


"I could see this accusation coming from a long distance. But I not so dumb that I will rip off a scene from a recent hit, tweak my original screenplay of `Housefull` to forcibly incorporate it and then also show it to the audience through promos," Sajid told reporters.


The `Heyy Babyy` filmmaker said the situation in `Housefull` is completely different and in fact the tiger scene was written way before `The Hangover` had even released.



"Yes, there is a tiger in the movie but its presence is not incidental. In fact it is Akshay himself who brings this tiger home as a gift for Lara (Dutta). Why does he do that? Well, there is a back story behind that but I would rather want audience to check it out than me spilling the beans right now," said Sajid, adding that he has also brought a monkey and a parrot in `Housefull`.


The director, however, admitted that the scene is not an original idea but has been inspired from an old Bollywood movie.


"There was a film called `Nishana` (1980) starring Jeetendra and Poonam Dhillon, which has stayed with me for three decades now. In the film, it was Asrani`s character which brought home a tiger in the house. Believe me, the scene was so funny that I still fall down laughing while thinking about it. At the back of my mind, I remembered this scene and while writing `Housefull`, there was a situation where I could recreate something similar," Sajid said.


It is surprising to see that he is remembering a scene from a film which is hardly remembered today.


"That`s because I love my Bollywood more than Hollywood. I am not short of ideas but if there is something worth bringing to the audience, I won`t hesitate doing so," he
said.


The film will be the first big release after the conclusion of IPL and Sajid is confident that it will be the biggest hit of the year.


The Sajid Nadiadwala production stars Akshay Kumar in lead along with Riteish Deshmukh, Arjun Rampal, Deepika Padukone, Lara Dutta, Jiah Khan, Boman Irani, Chunky Pandey and Randhir Kapoor. With music by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy, `Housefull` releases all over on April 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment