Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rapper Hard Kaur is now focusing on an acting career in Bollywood

hard-ka


Billed as the country`s first female rapper, Hip-Hop star Hard Kaur is now focusing on an acting career in Bollywood and is kickstarting it with `Patiala House` alongside superstar Akshay Kumar.


Kaur, who rose to fame with the song `Glassy` sang her first Bollywood number `Mover Your Body` in `Johnny Gaddaar` and then delivered a string of hits in movies like `Singh Is Kinng`, `Kismat Konnection`, `Bachna Ae Haseeno` and `Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani`.


"In `Patiala House` I play the role of Akshay kumar`s cousin. I first met him for `Hello India` in UK for which I recorded a song. He is very naughty and cracked lot of jokes when we were shooting," Hard Kaur told reporters.


She also featured on a TV dance show recently and insists she believes in being the best in whatever she does.



"I have always believed in being the best whether it was singing or dancing during `Jhalak Dikhla Ja`. I am not a big star but I would love to do more acting in the future and need to be careful about what I choose," Kaur told reporters.


The film to be directed by Nikhil Advani is about generation gap in a family living in London. It also stars yesteryear`s heartthrob Rishi Kapoor.


"Rishi Kapoor plays my Bauji and Akshay`s father. He is an amazing actor and even at this age he is very professional. My character is very different from the real me. She is a very simple girl," Kaur said.


She is also upbeat about her upcoming show `IPL Rockstar` on TV channel `Colours` which she will be hosting.


"I love cricket and I am a good batsman myself. I am very excited to be a part of this show. There`s music and it will be on the ground so it would be good. It`s my first time as a TV host and I am just worried about speaking Hindi," Kaur said.


Kaur, whose first solo album `Supawoman` was released in 2007 is happy with different opportunities coming her way but wants to break into the mainstream as a rapper.


"I have just finished an album but my first dream still remains to break into the mainstream and I would like to go and meet D-12 from Eminem`s group, I already have a song ready with him," she said.


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment