Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shilpa's grand wedding reception and more
























All the big names in the field of fashion, cricket and politics attended the lavish wedding reception of Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty and London-based businessman Raj Kundra in Mumbai.

The occasion was graced by Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan, Kangana Ranaut, Karan Johar, and many others.

"Today, I want to give my heartiest congratulations to both Raj and Shilpa. And when such an occasion arrives once in our lives, we feel really happy," said Neil Nitin Mukesh.

Apart from Bollywood celebrities, Union Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel, liquor tycoon Vijay Mallya, BCCI vice-president Lalit Modi were seen among other guests at the reception.

Shilpa's sister Shamita Shetty, who was participating in the third edition of the television reality show "Big Boss", withdrew from the show to attend the wedding, said: "I am very happy for them. And I pray that God keeps Raj and Shilpa happy forever."

Shilpa spoke to the media: “Thank God, I plan to get married only once! This has been the most exhausting week of my life. And also the happiest. I’ve waited so long for my wedding. Outwardly, the only thing that’s different is the choodas, and the way I’m dressed. Inside me, everything feels the same. I’ve known Raj for so long that it feels no different otherwise.” She repeated: "I am feeling very happy. I was discussing it with Raj day before yesterday that nothing has changed between us. I was his friend earlier and now also I am his friend. The only thing that has changed is that a friend has become a wife now."

Talking about the reception Shilpa says, “I have a severe jaw ache from all the smiling at the reception. Now I know why my colleagues avoid wedding receptions! It really does get impossible to manage the entire crowd. At the wedding too, there were people climbing trees and walls to take photographs. But it was a far more intimate, private and controlled affair than the reception. Shamita kept saying that she felt she was part of a Punjabi wedding sequence from a movie!The wedding was very traditional and simple. I felt I was going through a dream. My marriage was exactly the way I had imagined it.

Shilpa moves on to the topic of honeymoon and says, “We’re going to the Bahamas for our honeymoon. Then after we return, Raj is taking our entire family, all the Shettys and the Kundras, on a Mediterranean cruise for Christmas. He thought everyone needed a break.”

When asked about motherhood, she says, “Oh yes! I certainly want to be a mother. I can’t wait to start our family.”

"I am a very lucky man, I am feeling very happy," said hubby Raj Kundra.

No comments:

Post a Comment