Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Kareena attends workshop for the remake of Stepmom

All set to match her strides with show-stealer Kajol, Kareena is working real hard for her upcoming movie, which is a Hindi remake of the popular Julia Robert starrer Stepmom. Kareena has been attending acting workshops with the film’s director Siddharth Malhotra.

“The last time I rehearsed for a part was for Vishal Bharadwaj’s ‘Omkara’. But that was a more unconventional film and role where I had to get into a milieu and character I knew nothing about. But ‘Stepmom’ is urban and very contemporary. I play a very normal metro-centric working girl,” said Kareena

Kareena plays a normal working girl, and that's not easy for one who has been larger than life in most of her movies. “I walk, talk, dress like an ordinary working girl. I’ll be using no makeup.” Designer Manish Malhotra too is having a hard time trying to bring down Kareena’s glamour quotient in “Stepmom” to look like an ordinary working woman. “I couldn’t cut my hair as planned because of continuity clashes. And I didn’t want to cut my long hair. But I’m going for a new hairstyle,” said Kareena.

Talking about Kajol, Kareena said: “She’s always been one of my favourite actresses. We worked together in ‘Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham’. But this is something else.”

“The desi version of ‘Stepmom’ is very different from the original. My role is also a big departure from what Julia Roberts played in ‘Stepmom’,” added Kareena.

No comments:

Post a Comment