Friday, November 28, 2008

Amitabh Bachchan gives some tips to Miss Sri Lanka Jaqueline Fernandes


Jaqueline Fernandes, Miss Sri Lanka 2006, who is making her debut alongside the Big B as Princess Jasmine, got some tips while shooting for Aladin. And it was from none other than the Big B himself! We caught up with the beauty and got her take on working with Amitabh Bachchan, her film and much more.



Jaqueline says, “I got the chance to learn a lot from this living legend! I feel really fortunate that I got to share my Bollywood debut with such a great actor.” She adds that even though she was really nervous on her first day on sets the veteran actor put her at ease. She reveals, “On the very first day of shooting I was quite nervous to act in front of Amitabh Bachchan. But he was very calm and even told Sujoy, the director, to let me settle down.”


Big B even attempted to help her calm down by talking to her. Jaqueline says, “He started chatting to me and I told him about growing up and how that everyone in Sri Lanka loved his movies as well!”


Time obviously flies when you are having fun because the actress soon realized that they had been talking for over half and hour. She says, “We chatted for quite some time and he gave me some useful tips. Since my Hindi is not so good he told me to read Hindi newspapers and watch Hindi movies to improve. By the end of our chat I was really comfortable.”


About the film Jaqueline says that the Big B is the best thing in the film. She says, “The film has everything… action, romance, comedy, drama and revenge. The most fascinationg work has been done by Mr. Bachchan. We’re all just waiting for the film to be released!”


Aladin and Mystery of Magic Lamp was earlier suppose to release with Ghajini but due to untimely bad health of Big B put the release of this film on-hold as still Amitabh Bachchan part is still remaining and so the film tentatively release date will be in May - June 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment